On the week of the 22nd of April 2019, EAP will launch its “The Children’s Health Pledge 2019” campaign. Running until the 21st of May 2019, the campaign will urge running European Parliament elections candidates to sign EAP’s Pledge and, thus, make the health of children and young adults a European priority. In particular:
- Better training and information on vaccination for health professionals across Europe.
- Better antibiotics and more training for antimicrobial stewardship (AMS)
- More complete data on the state of health of Europe’s children and young adults
- More funding for paediatric research
- Stronger rules and more funding to fight childhood obesity
- Patient centred health care for migrant infants, children and young adults.
The full pledge will is available on the EAP website: http://eapaediatrics.eu/the-childrens-health-pledge-2019/
We encourage all our members, like-minded organisations and readers to share the Pledge among their networks; encourage their MEPs to sign it; and join our campaign on social media under the hashtag #EP4ChildHealth.